Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to have a reservation?
Reservations are advised to guarantee a seat. We welcome walk-ons.
Do I have to tip the driver?
Tipping is not required but greatly appreciated.
Are there seat assignments?
Seats are not assigned but space is almost always available.
Can I take my dog or cat on board?
Pets that can go in a small and large carrier either under the seat, or next to you if seating allows for $10 each way. There is no charge for service dogs, but we will need notice of them accompanying you. Their paperwork must be made available upon request. Pets require an 48-hour advanced reservation. (See Printable Brochure).
Tickets are good for 1 year from time of purchase. Tickets are transferable. Refunds are charged the oneway fare and refunded the difference.
Can I smoke on the bus?
No, smoking is not allowed on buses by Law.
What about food or drinks?
Allowed at drivers discretion. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the bus.
Do you have car seats for babies or small children?
California law requires all children to ride in a vehicle with a car seat appropriate to their height and weight. If using a car seat, you are required to secure the child in the car seat and the car seat in the vehicle. We can arrange to bring your child's car seat back upon your return trip for you.
How many bags or luggage can I take aboard?
There is a two bag limit. Boxes and additional luggage are extra, advanced notice is required. Customer loads and unloads the boxes. Please see #2. "Luggage” under Extra Charges.
Going From Los Angeles International Airport - LAX
If I get in earlier, can I catch an earlier bus?
Yes, definitely, providing that space is available. Just call the office to dispatch driver to be on the lookout for you. 1-800-251-2529.
Can I have a taxi waiting for me in Palmdale?
Yes, definitely. let the driver know that you will need a taxi. The driver will call our office for you to arrange a taxi for you.
Going To Los Angeles International Airport - LAX
Parking is only available in Palmdale. (Please refer to our Parking Page).
Where do we get dropped off at LAX?
Antelope Express drops you off at the curb in front of your airline.
CONDITIONS: Antelope Express (AE)
1. AE drivers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone before and during a trip.
2. Prepaid discount rate applies to trips that are paid prior to travel date. Non prepaid travelers are accessed an additional fee.
7. Insurance and airport regulations prohibit driver from assisting with baggage beyond curbside
8. To get a discount on multiple passenger fares, all passengers must travel together on the same bus, this applies to both legs of a round trip.
9. AE accepts, cash, debit, credit cards, no checks.
10. AE is not responsible for airline delays.
11. AE is not responsible for delays beyond its control.
12. CA state law prohibits smoking in vehicles.
13. Seat belts must be worn at all times in moving vehicles.
14. Driver gratuities are permitted and appreciated.
15. AE is not responsible for rider failure to follow instructions as to pick up points.
16. Passengers are responsible for seeing that their luggage is loaded and unloaded by driver.
17. Car seats must be provided by customer and child secured by customer when applicable.
18. Parking is only available in Palmdale and it is at your own risk.
Cancellations & Refunds:
19. Articles left on vehicles not claimed after 30 days become property of AE.
20. Unused portion of ticket will be refunded less the one-way fare when applicable.
21. Tickets are transferable and are valid any time up to one year from the date of purchase, reservations must be made prior to travel.
EFFECTIVE: June 15, 2019
Schedules and rates subject to change without notice.
Antelope Valley Airport Express, Inc.
DBA Antelope Express • US DOT 709384
FAQ & Conditions
AVAE Staff ME Staff Driver Login
© Copyright 2019 Antelope Valley Airport Express, Inc.
|System Administrators: Chattanooga Software Center|